Pages

Follow my Twitter

Thursday 7 February 2013

Discovering Your Learning Style

The Representational System Preference Test

Step 1
For each of the following statements, please place a number next to every phrase. Use the following numbers to indicate your preferences:

4 – Closest to describing you
3 – Next best describe you
2 – Third best
1 – Least descriptive of you


1. I make important decisions based on:

__ gut level feeling
__ which way sound best
__ what looks best to me
__ precise review and study of the issues

2. During an argument, I am most likely to be influenced by:

__ the other person’s tone of voice
__ whether or not I can see the other person’s argument
__ the logic of the other person’s argument
__ whether or not I feel in touch with the other person’s true feelings

3. I communicate easily by:

__ the way I dress and look
__ the feelings I shared
__ the words I choose
__ the tone of my voice

4. It is easiest for me to:

__ find the ideal volume and tuning on a stereo system
__ select the most intellectually relevant point concerning an interesting subject
__ select the most comfortable furniture
__ select rich, attractive colour combination

5. Rate the following statements (in order of preferences)

__ I function as very attuned to the sounds of my surroundings
__ I function as very adept at making sense of news facts and data
__ I function as very sensitive to the way articles of clothing fit on my body
__ I have a strong response to colours and the way a room looks



Step 2
Now transfer the numbers, in the exact order as you listed in Step 1, into the table below.

Question 1
Question 2
Question 3
Question 4
Question 5
K

A

V

A

A

A

V

K

Ad

Ad

V

Ad

Ad

K

K

Ad

K

A

V

V




Step 3
Add the numbers associated with each letter. There are five entries for each letter. Then total each row. The highest score indicates your learning style.


Question 1
Question 2
Question 3
Question 4
Question 5
Total
V (Visual)






A (Auditory)






K (Kinesthestic)






Ad (Auditory Digital)







RESULT

Audience's Learning Style


Learning Style
Characteristics
How to present to them
VISUAL
  • Mobile
  • Impatient (Speak fast)
  • Stop breathing for a moment while assessing internal images

  • Use visual aids
  • Draw pictures
  • Translate numbers into bar and pie charts
  • Give them time to absorb information visually
  • Pay special attention to your appearance

AUDITORY
  • Love to listen to the other’s stories and ideas
  • Pause while speaking, to listen to internal sound or dialogue

  • Stress auditory qualities of your product
  • Use catchy phrases
  • Incorporate sound effects in your presentation

KINAESTHETIC
  • Feeling-based
  • Translate what they see and hear into what they feel
  • Slower (speaks slowly)

  • Give them thing to touch and hold
  • Demonstrate your product and allow them to try it out
  • Use gestures to make a point
  • Anchor your space

AUDITORY DIGITAL
  • Logical, ordered, progressive approach to learning new things

  • They feel confident about new things when they can see the overall concept
  • They need a few invitations to speak up and share their concerns.

No comments: